– Eric Zimmermann
Dudes are starting to get more bold about the fact that they use face masks to clean out their grimy pores and dare we say it, look good. Let’s be real, we’ve been using masks for a very long time, but mostly in secret and I’m not referring to those St. Ives apricot scrubs used in the shower. As more men finally get the picture and skincare becomes a priority for
them us, so too have the brands who make the products marketed to women in the skincare category.
There are several face masks that work wonders for men’s skin, taking care of the problems we face, like excessively oily or dry skin, pores that are visible from three-point-two miles away, dull skin, and of course, the daddy of all skincare problems, breakouts. But breakouts are often caused by the former problems mentioned and sometimes, they’re hormonal, in which case you must consult a dermatologist.
Here are five face masks to add to your skincare routine and to be proud of:
– The Body Shop’s Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask: This is for the dudes with dry skin. The formula combines community trade honey, Marula and Olive oils to help hydrate and replenish skin, making you look well-rested.
– Beau Brummell for Men Gentlemen’s Facial Mask: This detoxifying mask contains Kaolin clay and activated charcoal to get grime out of your pores, leaving your skin clean, healthy, and soft, while promoting skin cell health.
– Patchology Night Restoring CloudMasque: This one isn’t marketed towards men per se, but it’s like a miracle in a jar. If you want to look like you had a full night’s rest even though you partied, slash boozed all night, this masque will mask (sorry, I had to) all the evidence. The best part is that it goes on like a regular face cream and you keep it on over night, or during the few hours of rest you’re able to get in, and wake up to smooth, healthy-looking skin, that even has the audacity to glow.
– Tom Ford Intensive Purifying Mud Mask: Mr Ford does not mess around with his brand, so when he develops a skincare product, you know it has to work. This purifying mud mask draws out excess oils and toxins from your skin. It also helps to smoothen fine lines for a more youthful appearance.
– Kiehls Tumeric and Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque: Tumeric has long been hailed as a superfood, with lots of healing properties and effective at fighting a host of ailments. Turns out it’s also super when applied topically, including boosting blood circulation and improving skin tone. The antioxidant properties of Cranberry seeds helps to exfoliate and smoothen skin.